Welcome to People and Transformation
“The People & Transformation function is made up of a collection of services which seek to transform the council so that we can meet our future challenges, needs of our citizens, and to ensure delivery of the organisational strategy and plan.
- Our people services seek to maintain the best employee experience, underpinned by innovative technology, modern employment practice and efficient processes. Our work on our People Plan has led us to be nominated for three CIPD awards in 2021.
- Our service transformation team ensures we have a digital first approach. Our work on user research and service design has already improved many of our services and with our exciting new digital strategy, we will continue to leverage our in-house teams to re-imagine how residents’ needs can be met in a digital world.
- Our transformation delivery teams ensures that we have a robust transformation plan, that we have proper project and programme management in place and that we can get the best return on investment for our residents.
- Finally, our business support teams work alongside frontline and corporate teams to provide essential support to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the council.
I hope you find the information on working for Essex helpful and we look forward to considering your application.“
Pam Parkes, Executive Director, People and Transformation
Roles within People and Transformation
Essex County Council is one of the largest local authorities in England. We employ over 7,500 people. The sheer diversity of services we provide – from social care to the environmental, transport to education, planning to benefits – is a source of deep pride. For our People and Transformation team, it’s the platform for an even more promising future.
The potential is enormous
We are fundamentally changing the way we re-imagine, shape and deliver services to our thriving county. The potential is enormous: reduced costs, increased efficiencies, better use of data and, most importantly of all, improved outcomes and better lives for the people we serve.
We also have an ambitious organisation strategy and change agenda. In short, we’ve challenged ourselves to deliver a workforce strategy that lights the blue-touch paper on strong individual and team performances across the board.
Great workforce – today and tomorrow
Our workforce strategy has four key themes:
- Creating the right conditions
- Staying ahead of the curve
- Transforming passion into impact
- Enabling growth and development.
A great sense of wellbeing
Underpinning everything is our goal to strengthen our attraction as an employer and develop a strong brand for Essex County Council. We want to be known as a diverse, desirable place to work that promotes equality. One where employees feel a personal commitment and enjoy a sense of genuine satisfaction and wellbeing. And, crucially, a workplace that offers the right opportunities for everybody to develop and grow.
Top of your game
We are looking for professionals who are at the top of their game and who are passionate about developing modern, business-focused solutions, and who are not afraid to challenge and try something new.
- Project ManagerJob Type: Fixed TermGo to Project Manager role
- Head of Product and DeliveryJob Type: PermanentGo to Head of Product and Delivery role
- Learning and Development ConsultantJob Type: TemporaryGo to Learning and Development Consultant role
- Learning & Development ConsultantJob Type: PermanentGo to Learning & Development Consultant role