Tenant Relations Officer - Tendring District Council
Permanent, Full Time
from £24,948 - £27,344 per annum
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council to recruit into their Tenant Relations Officer role.
Exact work location: 88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN (Hybrid)
Salary: from £24,948 - £27,344 per annum
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Please note: Closing date for applicants 6/6/23
Why work with us?
- Working for Tendring District Council, you will play your part in supporting the local community – in this role by promoting the good work and services we offer to those who use them.
- Work for a high performing department with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Free Parking within 2 minutes of the office.
- Great funded training pathways. Encouraged to all staff for their continuing professional development.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance. Note: Core Hours are 10am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Remote Working where possible.
- Local Authority Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Programme.
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership.
A number of Salary Sacrifice initiatives.
There is an exciting opportunity for a Tenant Relations Officer to join our Housing Team, working with our tenants, leaseholders and other stakeholders to ensure their full and effective involvement in the development, delivery and review of our housing services.
We want a dynamic, people focussed individual who will be an ambassador for involvement. Our tenants and other stakeholders are the experts in knowing what excellent services should look like and this role will be central in facilitating their involvement.
Ideally you will have experience in tenant, resident or community engagement but more importantly you will have great people and communication skills and understand the difference that engagement can make.
You will be well organised, with the ability to prioritise your workload and remain calm under pressure at all times.
If you think that you have the skills and personality needed to join this busy, friendly team then we look forward to hearing from you.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Good GCSE passes or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Ability to use IT systems including the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel etc
- Experience and understanding of the needs of tenant groups and / or practical experience of community work
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
When applying, within your supporting statement, please demonstrate your suitability against the competency criteria, which is detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you would like to see a full Job Description for this position, please click here or email Christine.email@example.com quoting reference REQ12714
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Norton on email@example.com or 01255 68 6490.
Please note that Tendring Council’s Privacy Notice can be seen on the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/privacy