Team Manager - Early Permanence
Fixed Term, Full Time
£48,472 to £60,049 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Please note that this role is being offered as a 3-year Fixed Term Contract, however we are also willing to consider a secondment opportunity. If you would like to apply as a secondment, please ensure you have line manager agreement before applying
Here in Essex, we continue to raise the bar about practice and our investment in our workforce is second to none. It’s an exciting time to join us. Not only have we been named Outstanding by Ofsted, we are delighted and at the same time humbled to have been crowned Social Work Employer of the Year for the second time in the last three years!
Children and Families is recognised as a service in which social work can develop and prosper, with a culture of collaboration, integrity and compassion; promoting development and wellbeing of children, young people and their families; protecting them from neglect and abuse. Working together with partners delivering a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions which build resilience, remove barriers and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
Adopt East is a Regional Adoption Alliance that went live in October 2020. It is made up of eight local authorities: Bedford Borough, Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council, Luton Borough Council, Norfolk County Council, Southend City Council, Suffolk County Council and Thurrock Council, and two Voluntary Adoption Agencies Adoption Plus and Barnardo’s. Adoption Connects is a Regional Adoption agency consisting of two Local Authorities; Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes Councils. The post will work across Adopt East and Adoption Connects to develop a model of Early Permanence. Essex will be the employing authority.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a model of Early Permanence across two Regional Adoption agencies ensuring as many children as possible have the opportunity to benefit from such a placement. The post holder will also develop a comprehensive model of support for EP carers, children and staff. The post is initially for the period of 3 years.
The Team Manager will lead in developing and promoting capabilities and holding them accountable for performance and delivering improvements in the area of Early Permanence. Working with the Head of Adopt East and Adoption Connects, contributing to the development of strategy and ensuring a service which adapts responsively to change.
With proven ability to focus on results, develop innovative solutions and build strong working relationships, this leader will possess a deep understanding of working in a challenging social and financial environment.
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements. The role is accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met.
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis.
- Maintaining and nurturing collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans.
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating service to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered.
- Managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes.
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the council and with stakeholders and partners.
- Ensuring equality and diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken.
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk.
- Managing the delivery of exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support the management of strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues.
- Accountable for the practice of social workers, providing professional and practice supervision, using available tools to address underperformance and coaching to enhance the quality of the practice.
- Responsible for development of individuals to maximise the capability and performance across teams in this practice area.
- Responsible for the oversight and quality assurance of a range of social work reports and statements.
- Responsible for responding to complaints and other feedback from service users in accordance with policy and in a way that fosters positive relationships.
- Lead inter-agency collaborative working, where a social work perspective is used to inform and drive decision making. Establishing and developing effective approaches to integrated working with partners, communities and the voluntary sector, to achieve successful outcomes for service users.
- Develop the training and tactical service delivery plan for Early Permanence across Adopt East and Adoption Connects.
- Use expertise and professional knowledge to provide advice and guidance for complex cases in line with legislative and organisational standards.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A recognised social work qualification i.e. Diploma, degree or Masters in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent, with current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, aligned to any relevant Professional Competency/Capability frameworks or Knowledge and Skills Statements.
- Significant experience within a Social Care setting with evidence of working within Adoption settings. Experience of Early Permanence is essential.
- Experience of supervision of Social Work students and/or newly qualified Social Workers, possessing strong leadership and behavioural skills, with the ability to forge a highly performing and motivated team from diverse backgrounds, to deliver local objectives and work to required professional standards.
- Experience of working within a complex environment and leading change to ensure the Council delivers best practice.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and their families.
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/children-families
Please take a look at our ‘No Magic’ Children & Families video here
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com