Team Leader – Nexus Support – Hockley
Permanent, Full Time
£21,258 to £23,437 per annum
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Nexus Support to recruit a Team Leader for their supported living service based in Hockley.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working.
Nexus-Support is a specialist provider working alongside people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Complex Needs aged between 16 and 45, and their families in the South Essex area. They are committed to providing support and services that enable people with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible and participate in, and contribute to, the valued life of the community.
Nexus Support aims to do this by:
- Providing support and assistance that enables a person to live a life meaningful to them and a lifestyle relevant to their everyday needs and preferences
- Facilitating opportunities for people to learn the skills important to them now and in the future
- Supporting people to develop and sustain choice and control in their lives and exercise their rights as citizens
- Facilitating access to a combination of specialist and everyday community resources and opportunities
Nexus Support are looking for a committed and experienced person, to take up the role of Team Leader across one of our supported living schemes in Rochford.
As a Team Leader, you will form a part of the 24/7 On-Call team and will be assigned On-Call duties on a rotation (approximately every 4-6 weeks), shared across a team of supervisors within Nexus.
This role also requires candidates to be able to undertake regular sleep-in shifts, which are paid at an additional flat rate of £72.43 per sleep in.
You will be provided with regular supervisions, attend regular group supervisions specific to the people you are supporting and contribute to our ongoing support planning, risk assessment and behaviour strategy processes.
Nexus Support are looking for candidates with
- Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care
- Experience of supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs
- An ability to participating in the development of support plans and risk assessments.
- Great communication skills and a professional and conscientious approach to working with customers, staff and families.
- An ability to supervise a team of PA’s, and undertake 1:1 Support & Supervision meetings, PA observations and performance assessments.
- Good coaching skills and an ability to train and mentor staff, often new to supporting people
- To support the staff induction process, including the delivery of the Care Certificate to new recruits (training to do this will be provided)
- Additional hours and overtime rate between £11 and £12.50 per hour
- 'Pay on demand' facility - Allowing access to 50% of your earnings as you earn them, so you don't have to wait until pay day if you need payment earlier
- 1 extra week of annual leave following 5 years’ service
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Nexus Support and if successful you will be employed by Nexus Support .
Nexus Support applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Nexus Support is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk