Sustainable Growth Delivery Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £36,916 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date:13th July
Essex County Council (ECC) has an ambitious agenda as reflected in the Everyone’s Essex strategy, which sets out our 20 strategic commitments over the next four years. In support of this, the Sustainable Growth directorate is focussed on delivering a ‘Strong, Inclusive and Sustainable Economy’ whilst also supporting commitments in aid of the environment, supporting our children and families and promoting health, care and wellbeing for all ages. We have a strong track record of transforming public services to deliver better and more cost-effective outcomes.
The Sustainable Growth Delivery Team is a point of central co-ordination across the directorate, ensuring we have robust plans in place to deliver and measure progress against our strategic ambitions, as well as supporting our teams to communicate effectively with Essex businesses, residents, members, colleagues and peers and our public sector partners. Supporting the Sustainable Growth Delivery Manager, the Sustainable Growth Delivery Officer covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of these objectives including operational business plans and processes, monthly performance reporting, presentation materials and political briefings.
Experienced in being highly planned and organised to ensure delivery stays on track, this role also requires a flexible approach from an individual that enjoys variety and thrives on being able to deliver high quality work for senior leaders, often to short deadlines. It is expected that this will be an ‘Anywhere’ role with ad hoc attendance at County Hall as required
- Responsible for working across the Sustainable Growth directorate in support of a holistic and aligned approach to the delivery of strategic priorities
- Ensures robust systems are in place to enable effective business processes and supports the efficient flow of decision making for the service, including planning, scheduling and recording of governance meetings as required
- Works closely with Sustainable Growth delivery leads to monitor progress against service delivery plans and produce accurate monthly progress and performance reports for senior leadership – liaising with the Business Intelligence team to reflect Sustainable Growth performance metrics within Functional and Corporate reporting
- Facilitates the input of Sustainable Growth senior leadership and performance tracking of the annual business planning process for the service
- Works effectively with content leads to develop initial drafts of presentation materials, briefing notes and ad hoc reports for senior officers and Cabinet Members as required
- Responsible for planning, arranging and administering meetings with key Essex economic partnerships, including the effective management of agendas, action logs and progress updates
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to A level or equivalent by extensive experience
- Experience and evidence of involvement in managing projects and tracking performance progress
- Experience of working with a broad range of individuals at different levels within the organisation and engaging with them, finding ways to overcome obstacles.
- Keen to engage with others and learn from them
- Experience of working within a political environment with knowledge of a public sector setting and involvement in a large, complex environment
- Good planning and organising skills, determination to meet deadlines
- Curious manner, innovative approach in looking for alternative solutions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word and especially PowerPoint
To read more about us please visit https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org