Support Worker - Valorum Care Group - Hart Lodge
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£9.50 per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Valorum Care Group to recruit Support Workers for their mental health support service at Hart Lodge.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require days, nights and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Valorum Care Group are a leading provider of Quality Care Services for over 1,000 people, within 75 schemes across over 130 local authorities across England and Wales, supported by 1,400 employees. Their core services are supported living, residential care and care with nursing services for learning disability, mental health and physical disability.
Adjuvo Hart Mental Health Support Services supports up to 11 people in the heart of Romford. From two houses on a residential street, Hart Lodge provides specialist mental health support in comfortable surroundings with 11 ensuite bedrooms, lots of communal space and great outdoor garden space. Adjuvo Hart has a support staff team based in the services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This ensures intensive background support is always available while individual packages of 1:1 support can enhance improvements in daily living skills and prevent relapse to secure settings.
- Supporting individuals to live their lives to the fullest
- Using the training provided, aid the residents all aspect of life including mealtimes, bathing, paying bills, and day to day activities.
- Getting to know the residents to help write their care plans and understand when risk assessments may be needed
- Supporting individuals to access the local community, making use of all it has to offer, including using public transport
- Assisting residents with their health needs as required, which may include administering medication and attending medical appointments
- Keeping daily paperwork up to date to capture everything that has happened in the day
- Working positively with colleagues, families, and external organisations to assist with supporting the residents.
- Wellbeing support
- Free uniform
- Excellent, fully funded training
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Confidential employee advice line
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Valorum Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Valorum Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Valorum Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Valorum Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk