Support Worker - TLC Care Homes - Halstead
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£10.25 per hour
Closing Date: 7th July 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting TLC Care Homes to recruit Support Workers for their supported living facilities across Halstead.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
TLC supports people with a range of needs, their person-centred approach means they listen to every individual about how they would like to spend their time, giving them the choice about what they would like to do with their lives. This enables TLC to develop a support plan which focuses on helping them become more independent, by maximising opportunities, minimising the amount of intervention required with challenging behaviour and teaching coping strategies.
TLC are looking for Support Workers to join their fantastic team based in Halstead to support adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex mental health needs to maximise their potential and increase their independence, choice, and community inclusion.
Our Support Workers provide a high level of personal, physical, and emotional care that can include all aspects of day-to-day activities, personal care, and companionship. Despite its expected challenges, being a TLC Support Worker is a role that is incredibly rewarding.
- Assisting residents with personal care (i.e., dressing, undressing, bathing, toilet, housekeeping)
- Helping residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities
- Helping care for Residents who are at end of life.
- Keeping up to date with Resident’s care needs by reading Care Plans, Risk Assessments and Daily Notes
- Helping in the promotion of mental and physical activity of Residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assisting residents at mealtimes (i.e., set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals, wash up, tidy and clear the dining room)
- Assisting under supervision, senior staff with the administration of medication
- Extensive training and qualifications including Care Certificate
- 2-week induction with shift shadowing
- Blue Light Card (exclusive health and social benefit)
- “The Loyalty Club” including discounts on retail, leisure, holidays, fashion, gifts, groceries and much more
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 5.6 weeks annual leave (FTE)
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of TLC Care Homes and if successful you will be employed by TLC Care Homes.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
TLC Care Homes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
TLC Care Homes applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact email@example.com