Support Worker - North London Homecare & Support Ltd
Permanent, Full Time and Part time
£9.56 to £14.00 Per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting North London Homecare & Support Ltd to recruit Community Care & Support Worker for their home care service and supported living service based in Harlow.
North London Homecare & Support Ltd has more than 50 years’ experience providing the highest quality care service within peoples own homes.
Everyone has loved ones and when we can't be there ourselves its vital to know that they are being looked after with the same care and attention that we would expect ourselves.
The service aims to Improve the quality of life for physically/mentally disabled or ill Service Users. Uphold the dignity of each individual and preserve their independence and utilise his/her own skills, whenever possible. Give personal care and practical support similar to that which would be given by a caring and well informed relative. Provide relief and support to those who normally care for the Service User.
- To engage in effective communications with the Service User and ensure they have control of their service.
- Homecare Workers are responsible to each Service User they visit and for the efficient conduct of the duties they perform, in accordance with the Service Users choices, their service plan and company policy and procedures.
- To maintain the utmost confidentiality about the Service Users affairs, except in changes in a Service Users condition or circumstances, or any problem relating to the care required.
- Any accident or incident occurring during a visit must be reported immediately to the Manager.
- Seek to uphold the Service Users dignity, preserve their independence and motivation and to understand the stresses, frustrations and embarrassments which some suffer and the effect this may have on their acceptance of help as well as on their families.
- To report any concerns or observations made, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of each Service User is safeguarded
- Blue light Card
- Fully paid holiday entitlement
- No experience necessary as fully paid induction training with ongoing training supplied.
- Guaranteed permanent contracted hours
- Mileage and Travel time paid on top of hourly rate.
- Flexible hours available to suit both the company and staff themselves.
- A fully supportive and reliable team who are always on hand to help and support.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of North London Homecare & Support Ltd and if successful you will be employed by North London Homecare & Support Ltd
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
North London Homecare & Support Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
North London Homecare & Support Ltd applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk