Support Worker – Nexus Support – Braintree
Permanent, Part Time
£10 to £12.50 per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Nexus Support to recruit a Support worker for their supported living service based in Braintree.
This is a part time position to work for one or two days a week (Monday to Friday) between 8.45am and 4.15pm and/or 1.30pm and 9.30pm. Full time roles are available for any candidates who are also able to work in the Chelmsford area as part of their working week.
Nexus-Support is a specialist provider working alongside people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Complex Needs aged between 16 and 45, and their families in the South Essex area. They are committed to providing support and services that enable people with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible and participate in, and contribute to, the valued life of the community.
Nexus Support aims to do this by:
- Providing support and assistance that enables a person to live a life meaningful to them and a lifestyle relevant to their everyday needs and preferences
- Facilitating opportunities for people to learn the skills important to them now and in the future
- Supporting people to develop and sustain choice and control in their lives and exercise their rights as citizens
- Facilitating access to a combination of specialist and everyday community resources and opportunities
Nexus Support are currently looking for a couple of people who are interested in a part time role supporting a young autistic gentleman in the Braintree area.
As a Support Worker you will need to be prepared for very long walks and spending time in the gym on a daily basis, supporting the gentleman with his volunteering role at a local museum and enabling him to access a range of clubs and other community facilities. You will need to be comfortable with traveling in your car to Chelmsford and Maldon as part of your working day and doing lots of walking whether its sunny, raining or even snowing!
Within this role you will also be;
- Provided with regular supervisions
- Attend regular group supervisions specific to the people you are supporting
- Contribute to our ongoing support planning, risk assessment and behaviour strategy processes
- Additional hours and overtime rate between £11 and £12.50 per hour
- 1 extra week of annual leave following 5 years service
- 5% basic salary increase following 5 years service
Whether you're considering a career in social care or just have a day or two that you want to do something interesting and get paid for it then we would be happy to hear from you. Experience isn’t necessary but we are looking for people that have a genuine interest in developing the confidence and skills that will enable this gentleman to continue to enjoy life in a way that makes sense to him.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Nexus Support and if successful you will be employed by Nexus Support .
Nexus Support applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Nexus Support is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk