Support Worker – Cygnet Health Care – Cygnet Hospital
£10.97 per hour
Closing Date:28th June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Cygnet Health Care to recruit Support Workers for Cygnet Hospital Colchester.
The position is to work 42 hours per week and will require day, evening and weekend working. Bank shifts also available at £11.21 + 12.1% holiday allowance.
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then, they have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK. Cygnet Health Care have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in their care.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester, rated Good by CQC in all areas, is a 54-bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
Cygnet Health Care are looking for a confident Support Worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care. Responsibilities include;
· Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
· Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
· Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
· Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Flexible working with the opportunity for overtime
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Cygnet Health Care and if successful you will be employed by Cygnet Health Care.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Cygnet Health Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Cygnet Health Care Limited applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact email@example.com