Support Worker- Care by Us
£9.50 Per hour*
Closing Date:21st June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Care by Us to recruit Support Worker for their home care service based around West Essex, including Loughton, Chigwell, and Bishop Stortford.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, evening and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
*The salary for this position starts at £9.80 per hour on weekdays, £9.90 per hour on weekends and £11.50 per hour on bank holidays. Mileage will be paid at 30p per mile.
Pay rate will increase after 9 months of employment.
Care By Us are a family-run business providing expert dementia, domiciliary and specialist care to individuals in their own homes across Hertfordshire and Essex. Their purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives through their strong staff team. Care By Us pride themselves on the outstanding quality of care they provide as an organisation.
Everyone’s needs are different and because they value this individuality in their service users, Care By Us have developed a range of services to meet every individual’s specific needs.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include;
- Support, develop and enable people who have a range of diverse needs, assisting them to live as independently as possible as respected members of their local community.
- Work in partnership with others to provide a range of innovative, creative, and individualised support packages. To promote optimum health, foster choice, independence, self-awareness, self-confidence and as far as possible to support individuals to access activities to learn real life skills and to be treated as equal to others
- Be directly responsible for supporting, developing, and enabling the individual in pursuance of these goals
- Flexible Working Hours
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free Care Certificate Induction Training
- 3 Months Paid Mentoring
- Paid Ongoing Training
- Rewards Scheme and Exclusive Discounts on High Street Brands
- Bonuses for Recommending a Friend
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Care by Us and if successful you will be employed by Care by Us.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Care By Us is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm, or exploitation.
Care By Us applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful, you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk