Support Worker - Braintree - Provide
Permanent, Full Time and Part time
£10.00 to £13.00 per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Provide to recruit a Support Worker for their supported living service, Fern Lodge.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, and weekend working, night shifts are also available. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Provide is a highly respected, award winning health and social care provider. They deliver a broad range of health and social care services in the community and are committed to making sure that they are safe, responsive and of high quality. Provide is owned by its employees and has primarily social objectives. Any profits we make are reinvested into the local community or back into delivering services. Provide work from a variety of community settings, including three community hospitals, community clinics, schools, nursing homes and primary care settings. across Essex and East Anglia.
Fern Lodge is a small care home providing living accommodation for up to 8 adults with learning disabilities, set in extensive grounds and gardens everyone has their own large room with bedroom, living area and bathroom. There are currently eight people living at Fern Lodge with a variety of needs.
Your working day will be varied, interesting and rewarding, with opportunity to participate in a variety of training opportunities and develop yourself. As a support worker, you will provide a high standard of care and support to clients, promoting their independence and ensuring they have the best quality of life.
- Supporting individuals to maintain their own home, living a fulfilled happy life.
- Supporting individuals with personal care ensuring privacy, dignity and respect are maintained.
- Supporting individuals to create and maintain a living environment that feels like their own home.
- Supporting and encourage individuals to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
- Assisting individuals to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities.
- Supporting individuals with their health needs.
- Keeping up to date and accurate records, maintaining confidentiality.
- Supporting individuals with their finances.
- To ensure that any incidents particularly those which may relate to safeguarding are reported.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Provide and if successful you will be employed by Provide
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Provide is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Provide applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful, you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk