Permanent, Full Time
Up to £48,419 per annum
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex.
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government.
- Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change.
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
- Responsible for designing technical, data management, security and business solutions that successfully translate user requirements in to effective and efficient operationally viable technology to support the successful operation of business requirements and services for the citizen of Essex.
- Responsible for ensuring that enterprise wide and specific business solutions are designed to align correctly to architectural principles and technical architecture to ensure standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Responsible for applying policies, standards and good practices when designing solutions to ensure compliance between business and technology plans and enterprise transformation activities in support of business operations.
- Responsible for adherence to technical standards and principles to inform solutions design and ensuring they are correctly employed in all technical initiatives to achieve commonality of solutions design and implementation which reduces cost and creates a more efficient and easily maintained technology environment.
- Contributing as a technology subject matter expert to the delivery of technical innovation which gives advantage to ECC by capturing and prioritising market and environmental trends, business plans and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative approaches ensuring alignment to the enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for the provision of expert technical advice and guidance to the Commercial Team to ensure suppliers and procured products adhere to the enterprise architecture and principles of operation.
- Works collaboratively by providing technical expert advice and guidance to business partners, operational teams and suppliers to develop and present business cases, for high-level initiatives, approval, funding and prioritisation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience.
- Accredited TOGAF 9.1 or 9.2
- Able to demonstrate strong experience in a Solutions Architecture Role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a private sector organisation providing Public Sector Services.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully working within effective teams delivering Business Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use in the design of technical and business solutions.
- The Solutions Architect must comply with the ECC defined SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) requirements for this type of role.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.