Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention
Permanent, Full Time
£32,065 to £43,839 per annum
What you will need
- Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Registration with Social Work England as a registered social worker.
- Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability.
- Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS).
- Demonstrate an ability in the application of social work knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems e.g. Word, social work case recording systems.
- Required to work flexibly as required, very occasionally including evenings and weekends
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool. If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com