Permanent, Full Time
Up to £28,880 per annum
Closing Date: 9th June 2023
Essex County Council are delighted to be supporting Penderels Trust to recruit their permanent role of Service Manager.
Closing date: 9th June 2023
Exact work location: Penderels Trust, Saxon House, 27 Duke Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1HT
(Please note this position offers hybrid working between home and the office. However travel throughout the whole county and occasional travel to our head office in Coventry will be required)
Salary: £28,880 per annum,rising to £29,457 per annum after probation
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week to be worked between 8.30am – 5pm)
As a Service Manager, your main duties will include:
- Direct responsibility for and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the project and contractual obligations.
- Recruitment, induction, supervision & support to all staff employed working in the team.
- Working in partnership with key stakeholders, including the local authority and relevant commissioning partners.
- Preparing statistical information, management reports and attending meetings at Head Office.
- In conjunction with the regional manager, budgetary responsibility for the project.
- Health & Safety, GDPR, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities responsibilities.
- Providing necessary information and support to enable service users to develop and maintain their independent living schemes.
We are looking for someone to provide management support to a team of staff who advise our customers on independent living.
The Experience You Will Bring:
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Previous supervisory/management experience (relevant degree/qualification is desirable).
- Experience of working with people with disabilities and/or minority groups.
- Awareness of social care, disability issues and Direct Payments.
- Awareness of employment/HR and payroll/HMRC processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage, direct and motivate staff.
- Ability to work on own initiative and resolve problems with the minimum of support.
- Pro-active attitude in supporting the Trust’s mission.
- Have unrestricted access to a vehicle and a current & valid UK Driving Licence.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade ‘C’ or above, in English and Maths.
- Comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft software (Office, Excel, Word etc.)
What you should do next: Apply using this linkhttps://www.penderelstrust.org.uk/rcrStaffDetails.php?recruitment_id=14995
Penderels Trust are Disability Confident Leader. Committed to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com quoting reference 12739.