Senior Support Worker – Black Swan Care Group - Drummonds
£9.90 per hour
Closing Date:21st June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Black Swan Care Group to recruit Support Workers for their residential care facility, Drummonds.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Black Swan Care Group has been involved in the Care Sector since its founding in 1991. The Company started as Business Consultants to the Care Sector primarily instructed to give advice to UK Banks, before purchasing its first Care Home in 1994. Since then, Black Swan Care Group have been providing care to elderly adults and adults with learning and/or physical disabilities through the East of England.
Drummonds is a residential care facility for adults with physical and/or learning disabilities in the charming village of Feering, between Colchester and Witham. The home can accommodate up to 41 residents with a focus on dignity, independence, and person-centred care. At the heart of everything we do is the aim to provide person-centred care packages tailored to each of our residents. They are brilliant and unique individuals who deserve to be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness whilst being supported to achieve their goals in life.
Black Swan Care Group are looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to join the fantastic team at Drummonds. This is a great opportunity to join a home where you can work closely with the Manager and their team to deliver the best care possible to our residents and supporting their independence.
- Assist residents with their personal care needs and help to provide health supervision and attention when needed
- Assist with the formulation of social and health care plans for new residents and with resident’s reviews and care plans
- Assist, where authorised by the Person in Charge with the administration and issue of medications for which the Home has taken responsibility and to maintain the necessary records
- Help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Home and the creation of a homely atmosphere
- Teaching and by example, to help train junior members of the support workers in all aspects of their work in the Home
- Participate in the development of activities and day care programmes for residents in which they can join and which will enhance their quality of life
- Help to ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food meet the required standards in respect of nutrition, environmental health etc
- Assist with ensuring that bedrooms and communal areas are properly cleaned and maintained and adequately heated in accordance with the requirements
- Undertake ‘on-call’ duties when designated
- Paid Breaks
- Full paid induction and training programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialized
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group
- Blue light Card
- Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Black Swan Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Black Swan Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Black Swan Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Black Swan Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk