Senior Service Analyst - (IT Service Management)
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £44,354 per annum
Location: Chelmsford / Hybrid (currently one/two days per week in County Hall)
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 7th August 2022
Technology Services (TS) is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support ECC from a technology perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring TS Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The Senior Service Analyst is accountable for working within a team of service analysts, providing mentoring for less experienced staff and providing management cover in the absence of the Supplier and Service Assurance Managers absence, that manage the performance of ECC Strategic suppliers aligned to the ITIL Lifecycle to ensure services are delivered to meet agreed service levels, are integrated to ECC IT Services and achieve continuous service improvement.
· Accountable for managing Strategic ECC Technology Service Providers to meet agreed technical and operational key performance indicators and targets to ensure continuity of service in support of business operations.
· Responsible for analysis of the causes of incidents or problems, and for informing supplier service owners of the results in order to minimise probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement.
· Responsible for taking appropriate action to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in supplier systems and services, preventing the repetition of avoidable incidents and reducing business disruption
· Responsible for working collaboratively with suppliers to plan and design the improvement of services to support operational effectiveness and continuous service improvement.
· Responsible for the performance of bench-marking with comparable supplier services delivered across public sector to support continuous service improvement, reduce cost and increase effectiveness.
· Responsible for ensuring potential disputes or conflicts with suppliers are raised at an early stage, with clear escalation paths for resolving them to ensure relationships are maintained to the benefit of ECC.
· Responsible for working with Suppliers to raise and manage service change through the Change Advisory Board to maintain an effective service in support of business operations.
· Responsible for working collaboratively with suppliers to identify, log, review, communicate and manage supplier related risks to support operational continuity and reduce the likelihood of service failure.
· Responsible for financial management of suppliers including billing, service credit management and budget forecasting and monitoring to ensure ECC meets contractual obligations and Suppliers are held to account for deviating from agreed levels of service.
· Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience. Hold ITIL Practitioner accreditation or equivalent professional qualification such as VeriSM.
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
· Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Service Management role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a private sector organisation delivering public sector service.
· A track record of working with and leading effective teams delivering high quality services that have been proved successful in managing suppliers to meet complex business requirements.
· Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
For more information regarding Technology Service’s and the wider Corporate function of Essex County Council please click on the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. To read more please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/about-us/
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please visit this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org