Senior Practitioner - Service Improvement Taskforce
Fixed Term, Full Time
£41,552 to £50,290 per annum
Working Style: Community-based worker
Closing Date: 18th December 2022
Please note this role can be based from any of our Essex locations for administrative purposes. Countywide travel is required as part of this role.
With us you can be part of our service improvement journey.
Essex County Council are currently recruiting a new taskforce to ensure Adult Social Care is providing the best experience possible for the residents of Essex, ensuring good quality, safety and user experience.
The taskforce will play an integral part of preparations for the upcoming CQC inspection and charging reforms. In joining the taskforce, you can grow your expertise by helping us meet the new challenges by measuring the impact of practice improvement activity and supporting best practice.
About the role
As a Senior Practitioner on the Service Improvement Team, you will work closely with practice leads and the wider quality assurance team to lead on service wide initiatives. You will be a champion for best practice and an advocate for change. You will work collaboratively using a strength-based approach with teams across Adult Social Care to deliver quality improvement and assurance activity in readiness for the CQC inspection.
Please note this is a fixed term contract / secondment opportunity for 18 months. Whilst this is initially a fixed term position ECC will actively seek redeployment in alternative roles upon the completion of the project.
At Essex County Council Adult Social Care’s mission is clear. We want to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available to the adult, their families, and carers. To ensure they have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible, and to exercise choice and control over their lives. And to ensure the safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with.
You will bring advocacy, collaborative working and creative thinking to, at times, an environment of ambiguity. You will be motivated by delivery and the ability embed change. We are looking for applicants to demonstrate the following ….
- Experience working at a senior practitioner level
- Proven experience of working in social care with demonstrable evidence of leading successful changes
- Experience of advocating and championing culture of innovation and change, embedding new ways of working
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a complex and changeable environment
- Ability to present
- Legal literacy, the ability to interpret and translate law and national guidance into local policy and practice
- These roles involve travelling around Essex and beyond. A driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means - is essential
What we offer in return
We’ll support you to be to your best …
- Training and development to empower you from our award-winning Essex Social Care Academy with regular supervision and open-door policies
- A dedicated and comprehensive induction programme specifically designed for the taskforce
- Flexible working options
- Employee wellbeing and counselling services
- Lease Car scheme and free parking at select ECC offices
- Up to £8000 for relocation
- Life assurance of three times annual salary
- Payment of professional fees for approved professions
Whatever you want to achieve in your social care career, you can do it here.
To read more about us please visit: Adult Social Care: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/adult-social-care/
Apply Now on Workingforessex.com – Please provide a supporting statement and up to date CV
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org