To Apply for the Senior Planning Compliance Officer role CLICK THIS LINK
Permanent, Full Time - (37 hours a week) we are happy to consider flexible working requests.
To apply for this position, you must complete the Council's online application form at www.north-herts.gov.uk under the Jobs and Careers page using our secure web recruitment tool. Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore, please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form.
Closing Date: 27th March 2023 (12 noon), however, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient suitable applications. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Provisional Interview Dates: Interviews are expected to take place on Tuesday 4th April 2023.
Exact work location: Candidates should be able to attend the Council offices in Letchworth Garden City, and carry out site visits in the district, typically 2 day per week, subject to service needs with remote working and flexible hours to be discussed at interview.
This is an ideal opportunity for professionals looking to take the next step in their career within a small, friendly and supportive team. The Compliance team works within a large planning department, dealing with a range of applications in a busy, cross-district Development Management team.
The provision of a pro-active enforcement service, including monitoring throughout new development and check compliance with planning conditions and obligations, the serving of Notices, coordination and implementation of enforcement action, dealing with appeals and all other functions related to enforcement.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Technical membership or ability to obtain membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Significant planning enforcement experience
- Ability to manage the diverse workload of the team and reconcile competing priorities
- Experience of presenting at committees or other public and professional situations
- Ability to attend site and meetings including outside of office hours, with own vehicle
Why work with us?
- We are dedicated to promoting a healthy work/life balance and ensuring all employees feel that they are making a difference to the local community and are valued by the Council
- Local Government Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (18% employer contribution)
- Generous annual leave, including Christmas close-down period
- Occupational sick pay
- Free car parking
- Discounts, including 50% off membership at NHC run gyms
- Flexible working options including flexi scheme and home-working
- Continued professional development supported and professional subscriptions paid
- Continuous Service from other councils or associated organisations accepted, allowing you to bring your time served and service-related benefits with you.
What you should do next:
To apply for this position, you must complete the North Herts Councils' online application form at www.north-herts.gov.uk under the Jobs and Careers page using our secure web recruitment tool. Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore, please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form.To Apply for the Senior Planning Compliance Officer role CLICK THIS LINK If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like an informal chat about the post, you can contact Ian Fullstone, Service Director, Regulatory on 01462 474 480.