Senior Care Assistant - Hollymede Cottage
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£9.74 per hour
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Hollymede Cottage to recruit Senior Care Assistants for their residential care facility based in Wickford, Essex.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, night and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Hollymede Cottage is a small, friendly care home based in Wickford providing care to elderly residents. The home consists of 14 single rooms providing round the clock care in line with each resident’s set care plan.
Hollymede are looking for Senior Care Assistant to join their team and assist their qualified staff with the day to day running of the home while maintaining the high standards of care and service to the residents and their families.
- Report on the general condition and well-being of the residents
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff
- Maintaining records and care plans on each shift
- Act as chaperon for medical and professional staff when required
- Assist service users in maintaining their personal hygiene, dressing and going to bed
- Assist in the care of all service users through the delivery of individual planned care programmes
- Promote independence and dignity of service users
- Assist in enabling service users to live their chosen lifestyle
- Participate in social activities directed at benefiting service users quality of life
- Report complaints directly to the nurse in charge as soon as they are made
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Hollymede Cottage and if successful you will be employed by Hollymede Cottage.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Hollymede Cottage is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
The Care Providers applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk