Permanent, Full Time
Up to £27,338 per annum
Location: Colchester & Clacton on Sea
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 15th August 2022
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a Science Tutor to deliver GCSEs in Biology & Chemistry, and Access to HE Diploma units from the Science, and Medicine and Medical Sciences pathways.
ACL Essex is the largest provider of adult education in the county. Our aim is to provide learners with as many ways to flourish as possible, to be there in communities across Essex, to make a difference to residents and businesses, so they can make a difference for themselves and to the places that they live in.
Please note: This a full-time post, Monday – Friday, including evening courses. You will be working across two centres, ACL Colchester & ACL Clacton. Working hours will be discussed further at interview.
What’s in it for you?
Not only will the successful candidate be joining a team of experienced professionals;
- You will receive a salary of up to £27,338 per annum (FTE).
- An additional 60% uplift for teaching contact hours is included for lesson prep and marking.
- You will also have access to hundreds of discounts and perks as well as the opportunity to join our competitive pension scheme.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following.
- ACL safeguarding procedures.
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use.
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge.
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement.
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills.
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others.
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A teaching qualification or previous experience plus;
- PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE or subject specialism equivalent.
- Minimum Level 3 Maths and shown good ICT skills.
- Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector.
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes.
- Excellent communication skills, working as a team and working on own initiative.
- Competent in the use of technology to facilitate learning and data reporting.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
What should you do next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com