Care Assistants - Ross Nursing Services Ltd
Permanent, Full Time
£10.74 - £12.76 per hour
Location: Saffron Walden
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Ross Nursing Services to recruit Care Assistants for their home care service based in Northwest Essex.
Ross Nursing Services, a family run business, is urgently seeking new or experienced carers. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of care whilst protecting the dignity, safety and wellbeing of all our clients. We protect our staff as well as our clients and have never had a shortage of PPE.
• Caring for elderly, 13–18-year-olds and vulnerable adults in their own homes.
• Personal care, meal preparation, laundry, and medication administration.
• Shopping, companionship
• Supporting to appointments i.e., Doctors, Hospital.
• General activities/help with daily living tasks.
• Monitoring the physical and mental health of clients
• Responding to emergency situations.
• Double vaccination required
• Car with clean driving licence.
• Knowledge of the surrounding area (preferred but not essential).
• Good communication skills.
• In house training. Those who are new to care can do the Care Certificate.
• Free uniform
• Free DBS check
• Work-place pension
• Paid mileage
• Bluelight card
• Generous rates of pay.
• Double pay on bank holidays. (£21.20 up to £24.60 for a waking night)
• Flexible working hours.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service Ross Nursing Services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Ross Nursing Services applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here. If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk