Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £34,698 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: Friday 5th August
Please note that we have opportunities for a number of fixed term contract roles until 31/03/2023 and will consider applications for part time working patterns.
People Operations sits within the People & Transformation function at Essex County Council (ECC). People Operations delivers a high standard of service to both ECC employees and to external customers, with our employees and customers at the heart of what we do. Working collaboratively across the Organisation, People Operations is responsible for all people payments, resourcing, employee casework, first line HR queries, pre-employment vetting and business development of external services to our partners.
The Recruitment Consultant will work closely with hiring managers across the organisation to ensure we recruit the right people in the right role. Ensuring our candidates and hiring managers have the best experience, with an efficient recruitment service underpinned by a solid understanding of process, policy and legislative knowledge. The Recruitment Consultant will work on predominantly all internal hires or external hires Grade G and below.
- The role will partner hiring managers to offer subject matter expertise on the full end to end recruitment process including position management, attraction, employment legislation and ECC policy. They will be able to confidently advise and guide hiring managers and candidates at every stage of the recruitment process.
- Managing all campaigns from search/advertisement to on-boarding, playing a crucial part in enhancing the capability of ECC.
- Responsible for partnering managers to recruit, exploring and recommending the different, available routes to market and offering expertise on the benefits of a variety of cost-effective options, both internal and external.
- Deliver advice to the hiring community on current market conditions, legislative changes, recruitment best practice and appropriate methods of attraction, using detailed role briefings to determine best fit.
- Managing the full end to end recruitment cycle for a volume of recruitment vacancies at any time, ensuring internal SLA’s are met.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, cultivating positive relationships and ensuring all parties of the recruitment journey leave with a positive view of the ECC employer brand, including arranging and attending events.
- Providing support for the recruitment system, to minimise time spent by hiring managers on recruitment. Delivering supporting information and documentation throughout.
- Active candidate management including giving feedback throughout the process, ensuring a positive experience and making and managing offers of employment.
- Vacancy progress tracking and reporting, including full return on investment insight, to drive future attraction decision making and support compliance check completion.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Possess CIPD (level 5 or above) or similar professional qualification or qualified by experience. Evidence of professional development. And expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of delivering high volume with a proven background in delivering strategic recruitment partnering, challenging systems and processes and delivering outstanding results. Able to recruit at pace, managing multiple campaign in an efficient, organised manner which delights the customer.
- Experience of delivering high qualify recruitment services with ability to work as a partner across a business, obtaining high hiring manager and candidate satisfaction in surveys.
- Pro-active with a can do attitude and a robust work ethic, with high standards and self-expectation. Comfortable operating in a fast-changing environment, with high demands for quality talent, passionate about service and curious to learn as new policy and legislation emerges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, confident in influencing key stakeholders to drive the right recruitment decisions.
- Deep understanding of attraction methods and technology, including anticipated market developments.
- Experience of working in partnership to manage external supplier contracts, with the ability to lever maximum value for an organisation.
- Experience of evidence-based decisions and experienced in tracking and reporting management information to key stakeholders.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com