Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £24,035 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 21st August 2022
Please note this position is to be offered on a fixed term basis to the 31st March 2023.
Would you like to play a key role in two exciting projects supporting SME’s within the logistics and construction sectors to be more competitive? The Haven Gateway Partnership, a public/private sector partnership whose vision is to drive inclusive economic growth, is seeking a Programme Administrator for its Transport and Logistical Efficiencies (TALE) and I-Construct projects, which are targeted business support programmes funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The Programme Administrator will have an eye for attention to detail and accuracy, and have demonstrable experience of working with systems and processes including CRM, finance systems as well as a strong knowledge of Microsoft products and in particular Excel.
This role plays a key part in supporting the effectiveness of the project team, ensuring that the team is able to work efficiently and that the outputs of the project can be delivered effectively.
The role will require excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally as well as the ability to self-motivate and manage multiple deadlines.
This role is funded through the 2014-2020 European Structural Investments Fund, for a fixed term contract to the end of March 2023. The Finance and Compliance Administrator will report to the Programme Manager within the Haven Gateway Partnership. This role will be home based with regular travel to the Braintree office.
- The purpose of this job is to ensure the effective delivery of projects being delivered by the Haven Gateway Partnership through ensuring that routine and complex administrative support is provided to the project teams.
- This role plays a key part in supporting the effectiveness of each project team, ensuring that the team is able to work efficiently and that the outputs of each project can be delivered effectively. A self-starter who can manage their workload, take the initiative and use personal judgement to resolve internal and external issues ultimately having a strong working knowledge of the project.
· Contribute to the successful delivery of projects such as I-Construct and TALE by providing both routine and complex administrative support including processing SME eligibility, grant packs and claims within agreed timescales.
· Process of orders and invoices using internal systems, resolving internal and customer queries and escalating urgent or complex issues.
· Responsible for regularly updating the CRM and any other data management system, ensuring accurate records are kept. Cross check records using reports and highlight any issues.
· Collate outputs and evidence for claims for each project, including requesting information from delivery partners and timesheets from team members.
· Maintain accurate electronic and manual filing systems, undertaking file reviews to ensure that all paperwork is up to date.
· Manage time effectively and proactively communicate with all external and internal stakeholders including SMEs, to update progress.
· Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of processes, corporate systems and standards, sharing useful knowledge and information to the team.
· Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration (or similar) or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Significant experience of MS Office suite of programmes and their practical application, as well as the ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Experience of use of CRM systems and other financial and data management systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and engagement with the team, project team, customers and stakeholders to ensure an effective support service, with an ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate a wide understanding of customer needs and being able to manage their expectations as well as solve simple problems and identify alternative solutions
- Experience of working with ERDF or European projects is desirable but not essential. However, the ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and a willingness to learn about the implications of compliance of ERDF funding is essential
To read more about us please visit:
Haven Gateway Partnership https://www.haven-gateway.org
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org