Procurement Manager - FM/Property
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £50,945 per annum plus Flexible Working & Local Gov Pension
Location: Chelmsford / Hybrid Working (1-2 days a week in the office based around business need)
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date:5th February 2023
Do you want to make a difference to real people and real lives? Do you want to be a part of helping to shape the future of our Procurement service at Essex County Council (ECC)?
Did you know that ECC spends c£1.2Billion per annum on 3rd party commissioned services, making it the 2nd largest spending Authority in the UK? The Procurement Team at ECC are award winning and support the organisation to deliver services to 1.4million residents. We aim to lead the profession on exciting initiatives such as social value, climate action through procurement and how we use our size and scale to support our Levelling up Agenda.
We are about to embark on the category strategy and procurement options for our facilities management and property management services. Currently we have a total facilities management approach across a core estate of over 200 buildings and are responsible for the capital maintenance of over 300 schools. The existing arrangement expires in Sept 2026, and we anticipate being out to market in 2024. Including capital spend and decarbonisation projects, our current spend is circa £35m per annum. Our property team are undertaking a review to transform our estate, whilst we have a target to reach net zero by 2030.
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional to undertake the category strategy and support the tender for our new contract. Ideally the person will have FM/Property experience, be experienced in negotiating high value contracts and have delivered contracts that incentivise innovation and strategic partnering.
To find out what a typical day as a Procurement Manager with ECC looks like, hear from one of our colleagues Mark .
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance.
- 26 days annual leave (rising with service) plus bank holidays.
- Excellent benefits package - more information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward , including a Local Authority Pension Scheme. For more details please visit: https://www.essexpensionfund.co.uk/
- As a large and friendly procurement team with circa 120 staff we can offer great training pathways and encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development with full support and guidance towards CIPS / MCIPS.
- The roles call for extensive experience in the procurement lifecycle but if you are currently focussed on complex sourcing, category strategy or strategic contract management we can cross train the other parts of the role where you may have less experience
- We are the largest Local Authority Procurement Team in the UK and have a national reputation for excellence. We are also the only CIPS accredited County Council in the UK.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
Come and make a difference to the local community, be that infrastructure, climate change or adult social care and help us transform Essex to a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on positive society-wide benefits.
The experience you will bring;
Please click following link to view this information.
To read more about the procurement service and the wider Corporate Services function of Essex County Council please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you provide an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com