Procurement Manager (Customer Services)
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £50,945 per annum plus Flexible Working & Local Gov Pension
Location: Chelmsford / Hybrid Working (1-2 days a week in the office based around business need)
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 6th July 2022
Do you want to make a difference to real people and real lives? Do you want to be a part of helping to shape the future of our Procurement service at Essex County Council (ECC)?
Did you know that ECC spends c£1.2Billion per annum on 3rd party commissioned services, making it the 2nd largest spending Authority in the UK? The Procurement Team at ECC are award winning and support the organisation to deliver services to 1.4million residents. We aim to lead the profession on exciting initiatives such as social value, climate action through procurement and how we use our size and scale to support our Levelling up Agenda.
We are looking for experienced passionate procurement professionals that bring curiosity and drive for change to fulfil a number of wide-ranging roles spanning both category and contract work. At Essex County Council (ECC) you will have the opportunity to deal with the full procurement lifecycle, touching all elements of the process from cradle to grave.
To find out what a typical day as a Procurement Manager with ECC looks like, hear from one of our colleagues Mark .
We currently have the following opportunity:
- Procurement Manager (Customer Services) - Lead on large scale sourcing activity across Customer Services and Coroners Services
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance.
- 26 days annual leave (rising with service) plus bank holidays.
- Excellent benefits package - more information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward , including a Local Authority Pension Scheme. For more details please visit: https://www.essexpensionfund.co.uk/
- As a large and friendly procurement team with circa 120 staff we can offer great training pathways and encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development with full support and guidance towards CIPS / MCIPS.
- The roles call for extensive experience in the procurement lifecycle but if you are currently focussed on complex sourcing, category strategy or strategic contract management we can cross train the other parts of the role where you may have less experience
- We are the largest Local Authority Procurement Team in the UK and have a national reputation for excellence. We are also the only CIPS accredited County Council in the UK.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
Come and make a difference to the local community, be that infrastructure, climate change or adult social care and help us transform Essex to a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on positive society-wide benefits.
The experience you will bring;
Please click following link to view this information.
To read more about the procurement service and the wider Corporate Services function of Essex County Council please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you provide an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com