Platform & Infrastructure Network Engineer
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £39,871 per annum
Technology Services (TS) deliver a wide range of business applications, platforms and infrastructure that are essential to the provision of services throughout the council. The Platform & Infrastructure Team are responsible for implementation and ongoing support of the on-premise and cloud services.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable network engineer to support network infrastructure across both our on-premise and cloud platforms.
You’ll be excited about technology and interested in new capabilities and the opportunities they present.
- Manage a range of tasks, including deployment of new services.
- Work with other internal and external teams
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours, depending on the requirements for any specific day
- Supports the function by resolving reported incidents and problems to meet agreed security and service levels ensuring business operations continue
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation and knowledge base articles
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
LAN / WAN Network environmentsExposure to Site to Site VPNs & Point to Site VPNsNetwork Services Protocols - DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMPv3
- Experience of the OSI / TCP/IP Models
- Understanding of Network Protocols: Quality of Service (QoS), HSRP, GRE, IPSEC, OSPF and BGP
- Experienced supporting medium LAN / WAN Network environments
- Network Monitoring & Troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, Solarwinds)
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent certification
- Experience of working within the Azure environment.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Azure Public Cloud Network Configuration
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.