Placement Co-ordinator - Residential
Permanent, Full Time
£23,703 Per Annum
To source placements as according to current ECC purchasing polices and SPT buying strategies and ensure all requests are actioned within one working day.
To review, verify and arrange the most cost effective Placements, Support Services and Support Packages that deliver the specified requirements to the Service User at Best Value to ECC. Ensuring that all requests for a service or support package identified by Adults, Health and Community Wellbeing teams are placed adhering to service specification standards.
· To ensure all Service Requests are actioned within one working day.
· To source placements as according to current ECC purchasing polices and SPT buying strategies.
· To ensure the efficient use of pre-contracted and approved providers.
· To monitor market sectors, providing the necessary information and evidence to enable Commercial Support Managers to maintain market intelligence.
· Screen the ISP’s received by the Service Placement Team and allocate straightforward requests for a Service or Support Package to Administrative Assistants to action, supporting them to resolve any queries.
· Negotiate spot purchase for a care package where the need cannot be met through the block contracts.
· Ensure that all actions are recorded, either using appropriate forms or systems/databases.
· Ensure that the most up-to-date registers and databases of providers are used.
· Identify and respond to urgent or critical situations referred by operational teams by liaising with providers and finding a solution appropriate to the needs of the Service User.
· Support the Placement Team Managers by undertaking duties in their absence.
· Support the development of other team members by participating in learning activities such as one-to-one coaching or work shadowing.
· Ensure that all information recorded complies with data recording legislation and guidance, captures all data required for performance indicators, and is in a format or style which allows it to be transcribed on the appropriate system.
· Support the Placement Team Management by contributing to developing systems and processes for managing the market and participating in training to update knowledge on the full range of systems and databases used by Placement Team.
· Liaise with operational teams with regard to service placement requests in order to achieve the meeting of service user needs within the market environment.
· Actively contribute to own personal professional development including the updating of specialist knowledge, including mandatory courses, health and safety where appropriate and equality and diversity.
· Continuously update own and sharing new information with colleagues on Social Care Policies, including specialist areas such as manual handling, POVA, infection control, risk assessments, equipment and adaptations, regulatory frameworks and medication and the range of services provided by Social Care and other Statutory, Private and Voluntary agencies.
· Continuously update own and sharing new information with colleagues on Providers and the range of services offered.
· Represent the Placement team on project and consultation groups where appropriate and to ensure any knowledge and information is shared with colleagues.
· Provide information to the Placement Team Manager of any complaints received and to support staff so that they can be recorded accurately.
· Contribute to the development of good practice, improvement and consistent processes and procedures to ensure high quality standards in line with service specification.
· To provide a high quality customer service to our commissioners.
· The duties of the post may be changed and/or varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of the Service Placement Team Manager.
· Evidence of ongoing education development, such as successful completion or working towards an NYQ 3 in Customer Service.
· Demonstrate that in the course of their employment in Service Placement Team they have shown willingness and aptitude to solve complex situations and be pro-active in identifying solutions to issues which arise.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Good general level of education, including English and Mathematics at GCSE grade A - C, or demonstrably equivalent abilities.
· Possession or willingness to work towards NVQ 3 in Customer Care
· European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or equivalent experience/ability
· Experience of communicating by telephone and electronically recording information.
· Knowledge and experience of administrative and clerical processes.
· Detailed knowledge and working experience of IT systems including Microsoft Word and Excel and a database system.
· Awareness of Health & Safety at work.
· Willing to undertake Continuous Professional Development.
· Able to demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of the main principles of the Social Model of Disability, Community Care Act, Fair Access to Care, Equalities and the DDA.
· Knowledge of requirements of Caldicott, Data Protection and Freedom of Information
· Experience of working under pressure and working flexibly.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com