Permanent, Full Time
Up to £23,643 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 5th December 2022
Please note this advert is recruiting for 1 Permanent position and 1 Fixed Term Contract Position for a period of 12 Months.
The Placement Coordinator will source and arrange the most cost-effective Placements, Support Services and Support Packages that deliver the specified requirements to Adults at best value to Essex County Council (ECC).
The role requires the ability to work in a high-pressured environment, and have an understanding the care market, relevant contracts and the needs of the Adult and carers.
- Responsible for sourcing placements for Adults, in line with current ECC purchasing procedures and contractual arrangements, to ensure the efficient use of pre-contracted and approved providers.
- Maintain a current understanding of the care market, including capacity issues, providing the necessary information and evidence to enable Commercial colleagues to maintain market intelligence and inform development.
- Identify and respond to urgent or critical situations referred by Operational Teams by liaising with providers, professionals and the adult/their representative/s to find a solution appropriate to the needs of the adult. Negotiate ‘Best Value’ spot purchases for support where the need cannot be met through existing framework/block contracts.
- Work collaboratively with operational teams to support requests to meet the adult’s needs within the market environment.
- Support the Placement Team Managers to develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal and external partners, to investigate and respond to complaints and enquiries, and the design and implementation of new systems and processes, in line with the ECC digital agenda.
- Provide a specialised brokerage service to adults and their families both for self-funders and those adults referred for local community services, to meet Good Lives outcomes.
- Responsible for ensuring adults and their representatives are fully informed and supported through the sourcing process through professional communication, sometimes in challenging circumstances.
- Responsible for ensuring purchase order agreements on TCS or the Mosaic Social Care Management System are processed accurately to enable prompt payment of providers and maintaining up-to-date records in relation to sourcing activity.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and be confident in the process to escalate provider concerns or safeguards or hand backs.
- RQF level 3 (A level) or working towards an NVQ 3 in Customer Care or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of working within a complex business environment, with knowledge and understanding of contracts is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of IT systems including Microsoft Word and Excel and database systems.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of the main principles of the Care Act and other relevant social care.
- Knowledge of requirements of Caldicott, Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
- Experience of working under pressure and working flexibly.
This role has a rolling rota to cover core working hours - Monday-Friday, 09:00-18:30 and Saturday, 09:00-17:00 - 37 hours per week.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/adult-social-care/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com