Personal Assistant - PALS Ltd
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£12.00 per hour
Location: Essex Countywide
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting PALS Ltd to recruit Personal Assistants for their supported living service across a number of locations throughout North, Mid, South and West Essex.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours to suit. This can be discussed at interview stage based on your availability and preferred working pattern.
PALS Ltd is an innovative Service Provider founded in 2006 to provide specialist 1:1 support for people with learning difficulties/disabilities. At PALS they believe that people with learning difficulties have the right to be in control of their own lives. PALS aim to enable people to experience full and exciting lives through the application of professional support in a variety of settings.
The Personal Assistant role supports and assists Service Users with learning difficulties/disabilities to access and participate in community resources and learning programmes.
- Provide person centred & proactive support and assistance on a 1:1 basis to Service Users enabling them to access Education, day services and community based activities
- Enable and promote Service Users to make informed choices by encouraging new experiences, participation in their local community and a broad range of activities
- Assist Service Users to maintain and develop appropriate friendships and relationships
- To communicate effectively with Service Users using their preferred method of communication
- Be aware of and safe guard Service Users from bullying, harassment and potential harm and abuse by following the “Protection of Vulnerable Adults” policy and procedure
- Work with Service Users in a way which is respectful, person centred, creative and innovative and that promotes the individual’s independence
- Support and assist Service Users with their personal care needs where necessary, ensuring dignity, respect and privacy is observed at all times
- To adhere to the individual’s Plan of care, including moving and handling
- Support and assist Service Users with eating and drinking where necessary
- Where appropriate, administer medication following training and in accordance with the correct procedures
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of PALS Ltd and if successful you will be employed by PALS Ltd.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
PALS Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Pals Ltd applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org