Performance Officer - Early Help Data and Insights Team
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £28,499 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
The Performance Officer sits within the Early Help Data and Insights Team, a flexible team, that work specifically with the business to deliver accurate, timely and purposeful management information and performance intelligence, enabling senior leaders to take accountability for, and manage early help support services across Essex.
The role involves various aspects of information management including performance and financial reporting, supporting the business to complete statutory data returns, and interpreting & presenting performance information to stakeholders.
The role requires the application of subject matter expertise across the functional areas of the business with skilled matrix, working to ensure improved integration with services to align priorities and deliver efficiency. The role provides specialist knowledge within a defined business area to support data quality monitoring and business insight generation.
- Responsible for manipulating data and turning information into insight through the production of high-quality work products for stakeholders within and outside the Organisation.
- Working collaboratively with functional business areas and analysts to make business intelligence available, aligned to the Council’s strategic aims and priorities to provide senior leaders with the information required for effective leadership, governance and decision making.
- Responsible for working with a range of data and evidence sources for the development of services and products to agreed standards to enable performance analysis and data interpretation, scoping and developing performance frameworks and translation of information requests.
- Building effective relationships with key business areas to understand and agree management information requirements and working collaboratively to develop solutions that provide access to high quality information to enable services to manage their performance and budget, aiding design of performance management frameworks through the provision of robust recommendations for targets and comparator
- Responsible for using quality assurance techniques to empower data owners to understand and repair data quality issues and complete statutory data returns, including reporting on the quality of data held within management information systems and providing recommendations for data quality improvement.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and reporting the right data sources and then preparing, validating, cleansing and interpreting data to ensure it is fit for purpose. Working with data developers to automate processes.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Advanced user knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including sound experience in manipulating data using Excel and PowerBI.
- Understanding of the complexities of working in a political environment with skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives.
- Demonstrable practical experience and knowledge of providing data visualisation and performance analysis in an evidence-led organisation, with examples of delivering difficult messages and robust recommendations that led to service improvement.
- Demonstrable literacy, numerical and analytical skills including the ability to manipulate large data sets.
- Experience of collecting and collating data from a variety of systems and using basic analytical techniques to identify similarities between data sets.
- Understanding of the policy agenda and operational environments of a business.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and within in a matrix environment.
- Significant knowledge of data protection regulations to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively alone and as part of a remote team to complete individual tasks as well as team objectives.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
To read more about us please visit: Children & Families
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Zainub.firstname.lastname@example.org