People Business Partner
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £78,811 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 6th July 2022
This is a fixed term contract maternity cover opportunity for a period of 12 months
We are looking for exceptional people leaders to join our established and expanding People Business Partner Team. The business partnering model is well established within Essex County Council (ECC) and is focused on the people agenda and in particular, developing the strategic approach in building future capability across ECC.
Our People Business Partners build critical strategic relationships within business functional areas, driving people strategies to ensure improved performance across the business, with a particular emphasis on the delivery of the workforce strategy and associated initiatives.
Operating as an exemplary professional within an agile environment with a clear focus and drive on continuous professional development. You will have the credibility and gravitas to influence the most senior levels within the organisation through creative thinking and problem solving and will play a critical role in the delivery of visionary initiatives to develop a world class workforce
You will also have the resourcefulness and resilience needed to work with our functions to identify areas for improvement and proactively effect change, for the benefit of our people, the organisation and our community
Accountability will include:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensure the political objectives and priorities of the council are met
- Working collaboratively within and across functions to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis.
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans.
- Implementing changes to improve the area of work, while ensuring the highest possible levels of service quality are continually maintained
- Managing complex issues to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Coaching leaders to understand, assess and improve team capability, increase capacity and prioritise the factors which have the greatest impact on the ability to deliver business outcomes, acting as a critical friend, to lead and shape wider organisational strategies and transformational change.
- Monitor and evaluate functional workforce performance, leading on analysis, reporting and capability needs specifications, giving advice within the organisation's policy framework; taking a lead role in the development, monitoring and assessment of annual performance objectives for Executive Directors and their leadership teams.
- Build, manage and maintain trusted relationships with senior leaders, acting as confidant and forming alliances with internal and external stakeholders, identifying emerging trends and best practice
- Lead on strategic level and complex projects and activities across People and Transformation (P&T), taking a portfolio lead for an area of specialism
The Experience you will bring
Extensive experience as a senior HR professional, knowing what external HR thought leaders and benchmark organisations are doing, in a variety of areas, with the ability to consider how lessons may apply to the organisation. You will know how to design and develop people activities and interventions to improve business outcomes.
Understanding of the broad legal context and employee relations landscape with the ability to influence and coach the business. Confident application of employment and case law knowledge to proactively manage complex employee relations issues and mitigate organisational risk
Working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management. You will also be able to identify risks and create mitigation plans and develop the business case for significant change programmes and manage implementation, seeking opportunities to understand blockages and drive continuous improvement, including seeking ideas and feedback from customers.
Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience and is professionally qualified to MCIPD and ideally FCIPD
To read more about us please visit https://www.workingforessex.com/role/organisation-development-people-service-transformation/
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com