Nightingale Project Lead
Fixed Term, until December 2025
Part Time, 18.5 hours per week
Up to £36,584 per annum FTE
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 18th June 2023
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC’s provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents. ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex. ACL learners have access to a diverse range of accredited and non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
The Nightingale Project will run until December 2025 and supports the development, recruitment and retention of the Health and Care Workforce. Project elements include training packages, support bursaries and awareness raising of the sector.
The ACL Project Lead is responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered on time, within budget and achieves the specified milestones and outputs
Proactively leading the project team to promote the opportunities and increase numbers of participants on the project.
With excellent communication and organisational skills, they will produce and present monthly reports, including project milestones and a detailed end of project evaluation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the project and leading the project team to successfully meet the specified outputs
- Providing excellent stakeholder management, that supports the project team to increase the take up of the project from residents, community groups, organisations and businesses within the project locality
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork and project activity is accurately recorded and compliant with any audit requirements adhered too
- Liaise with the ACL Marketing, PR & Comms Lead and Business Development Lead to develop targeted marketing campaigns, sales activity and promotional materials that effectively promote the project and increase participation
- Present detailed monthly reports on project progress to relevant stakeholders and the ACL Sub-Contracting and Project Coordinator
- Responsible for ensuring that project milestones are met on time
- Ensure that detailed feedback is collated and presented at the close of the project
- Responsible for carrying out associated project tasks, as directed by the ACL Commercial Manager, to ensure targets are met, delivered on time, and within budget.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to level 3 or by experience
· A qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance is desirable but not essential
· Demonstrable track record of leading or coordinating a project with a project management qualification desirable
· Experience of leading/supervising a team
· Proven track record of successfully delivering against challenging targets in an education setting or similar.
· Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent communicator with a proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service at all times.
To read more about us please visit: Economy, Investment and Public Health
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job.
Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you provide an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Interviews for successfully shortlisted candidates are expected to be held 22nd / 23rd June 2023.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community Here.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn . Further details can be found on our careers page .
Pay and Reward | Our Ways of Working | About Us | Organisation Behaviours