Night Awake Support Worker - Essex Care Consortium Ltd - Colchester
£10.99 to £11.54 per hour (weekend rate)
Closing Date:23rd June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Essex Care Consortium Ltd recruit an Awake Night Support Worker for their residential care facility in Colchester.
At Essex Care Consortium Colchester, the clients are encouraged to build a greater understanding of themselves as individuals and a cohesive sense of self-worth, personal power, and self-determination. Each person is helped to identify obstacles that are a barrier to their personal growth and to set realistic goals. These might range from developing appropriate skills to manage or overcome the debilitating effects of anxiety, to the building of more ordinary skills necessary for everyday life such as enhancing aspects of communication, self-help or social skills and personal confidence.
Essex Care Consortium are looking to recruitment Support Workers to help provide care to their residents. If you are enthusiastic, caring and someone who wants to make a difference to the lives of others, a career in care could be for you.
As a Night Awake Support Worker your duties will include.
- To provide and assist in wakeful night duty cover in Essex Care Consortium Ltd.
- To undertake designated domestic duties which can be performed during night hours.
- To work with Service Users maintaining and promoting independence by following the core values: Privacy, Dignity, Respect, Fulfilment, Choice, Independence, Self-Esteem, Safety.
- Assist Service Users in preparation for going to bed.
- Carry out regular checks around the house at specified intervals.
- General Check – Hourly
- Attend to any Service Users as directed or required who have any other additional needs.
- Assist Service Users who need help, reassurance and comfort in the night and wake sleep in staff if further assistance is required.
Note: Essex County Council are advertising this role on behalf of Essex Care Consortium and if successful you will be employed by Essex Care Consortium.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex Care Consortium is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Essex Care Consortium applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact email@example.com