Mobile Library Driver
Temporary, Part Time
£12.28 per hour
To drive a Mobile Library vehicle in accordance with a daily time-table and to provide an efficient and effective mobile library service. The mobile library bus is based in Witham but there will be remote working around villages in Essex.
- To welcome library users and help to deliver a quality service
- To maintain and clean the vehicle in accordance with the requirements set out on the daily log sheet book including delivery and collection of vehicle for maintenance/repair.
- To work at the base or other appropriate library as required.
- To comply with the individual (and line management) responsibilities for Health Safety & Welfare in the workplace, including ensuring safeguarding children, in accordance with work role.
- To carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- European Computer Driving Licence or NVQ Level 2 in IT Or
- Demonstrable ICT skills and a willingness to gain an ECDL
- Working with the public in a customer orientated service
- Experience of driving large vehicles and carrying out routine vehicle checks
- Current LGV class 2 driving licence
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and Saturdays
- Willingness to work on Sunday
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/workinghere/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.