Minibus Driver (Colchester)
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £19,579 per annum FTE, £12,248.67 pro rata
Working Style: Operational field-based worker
Closing Date: 13th November 2022
Please note the working pattern for this role will be as follows; 45 weeks per year, Term Time only. Monday – Friday, 27 hours per week.
Working hours will be a split shift such as 0730- 0900 / 1430-1600 approx, Monday-Friday.
Ugobus delivers tailored transport for businesses, residents and public sector organisations using our modern and fresh fleet of minibuses that are accessible for all. The team forms part of Essex County Council; one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK. We take pride in getting to know our passengers; offering a transport service that is personable, dependable, and friendly. We’re looking for people with an outward looking, caring, and professional approach.
The ideal person will naturally go above and beyond; acknowledging that our passengers value a friendly face and someone who is thoughtful and considerate. Flexibility is therefore essential. As a Ugobus driver, you’ll be working with a diverse range of passengers; working with students through to older people, and individuals with disabilities or special educational needs.
- Daily checks of your vehicle to ensure safety, cleanliness, and road worthiness.
- Engaging with passengers on a daily basis, transporting them from home to their destination in a safe and comfortable manner.
- Taking responsibility for safety on your vehicle at all times, including securing of equipment (e.g. tail lifts, wheelchairs), use of seatbelts and awareness of passenger needs.
- Being Ugobus’ first point of contact with customers and, where possible, resolving individual queries or concerns.
- Timely communication of issues with your Area Co-ordinator to enable swift resolution.
- Work closely, in partnership, with a passenger assistant (if applicable) to deliver an outstanding service to our customers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Hold a valid driving license including D1.
- Experience in working with customers from a broad and diverse range of backgrounds/needs.
- Can demonstrate prior experience of being adaptable and flexible to business pressures.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain a calm and professional approach.
- Ability to use a smartphone and/or tablet.
- Demonstrate good communication and social skills in a customer-based setting.
- An enhanced DBS checks.
- To undertake mandatory training; including, but not limited to MiDAS and First Aid.
- Undertake an ECC (Essex County Council) minibus driver’s assessment.
To read more about us please visit:
Place & Public Health: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .