Maths Tutor (Colchester & Witham)
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £27,338 per annum, pro rata, including paid (60% of standard rate) time for marking & plan
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Please note: This is a part time role working 18.5 hours per week / 0.5 Full Time Equivalent and will involve at least 2 evenings (Monday to Friday) per week and for the right person the opportunity could start in April/May 2023 or September 2023 plus there may also be an opportunity to increase the number of hours per week from 18.5, potentially up to full time, if desired.
What’s in it for you:
Not only will the successful candidate be joining a team of experienced professionals. They will receive a salary of up to £27,338 per annum FTE including 60% pay for lesson prep and marking. You will also have access to hundreds of discounts and perks as well as the opportunity to join our competitive pension scheme.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications. ACL are seeking to recruit a tutor to deliver Maths courses in both Witham and Colchester on an as and when basis (subject to curriculum needs), to design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs.
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- A teaching qualification or previous experience plus
- Maths qualification at A level or equivalent (this could be within a non-maths degree or through trade experience) Will also consider someone without this if they have experience of teaching Functional Skills at Level 2 or GCSE
- PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE or subject specialism equivalent.
- Minimum Level 3 Maths and shown good ICT skills.
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.
To read more about us please visit: Economy, Investment and Public Health - Working for Essex
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Further details can be found on our careers page.
Pay and Reward, Our Ways of Working, About Us, Organisation Behaviours