Learning Support Assistant
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £19,971 per annum (pro rata)
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
Please note this is a part time position working approximately 3 days per week during term time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Learning Support Team within ACL Essex. ACL are graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2018.
Please note, hours will be variable according to curriculum needs (as and when / term time). The successful candidate may be required to work daytimes, evenings and/or Saturdays, and travel between Centres.
- To support tutors in their delivery of academic and vocational courses
- Support learners with challenging behaviour in an educational environment
- Support learners with special educational needs and disabilities (general class and 1:1 support)
- Provide pastoral support to learners within an educational setting
- To support adult learners with a wide range of difficulties and disability in classes across all curriculum areas.
The Experience You Will Bring
- English and Maths qualifications at NQF level 2/GCSE equivalent
- Experience of a support role with Adults/Children within an educational setting
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and committed to high standards of achievement and behaviour.
- Have a flexible and supportive approach to changing demands.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team.
To read more about us please visit:
Place & Public Health: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com