Kickstart - Resourcing Marketing and Communications Assistant
Fixed Term, Part Time
National Minimum Wage
Closing Date: 23rd May 2021
Essex County Council is one of the largest Local Authorities in the UK, with responsibility for delivering services and support to our 1.4m Essex residents. We are also responsible for running the council on a day to day basis including services like administration, finance, HR and customer service.
We are excited to be supporting the Kickstart scheme and are very pleased you have taken an interest in this opportunity to join us on the Kickstart programme. Please note that to be eligible for the Kickstart scheme you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 16-24 years
- Currently receiving Universal Credits
- Have informed your DWP Work Coach that you wish to apply for this vacancy
Kickstart positions are for 6 months and working 25 hours per week. Further details on the Kickstart scheme a can be found at https://kickstart.campaign.gov.uk/
What’s great about working for ECC is that we have nearly 7000 employees who work for us, from everything to our Country Parks, managing our highways and transport and all the support services needed to deliver the best service to our residents. We are really proud that at ECC you can truly have a career, from entry level opportunities Essex County Council is one of the largest Local Authorities in the UK, with right through to senior leadership positions.
Business Area: Organisation, Development & People.
The Resourcing, Marketing and Communications Assistant works within the ECC In-house Recruitment Team, which manages all of the day to day recruitment across the whole of the council.
- Deliver digital communication campaigns via multiple platforms including social media, emails and websites.
- Assist in the management of social media activity for the Resourcing Team
- Assist in the forward planning of a social media schedule
- Assist in the creation of social media posts for the resourcing team
- Assist in the administration tasks associated with digital recruitment events
- Assist in the promotion of digital recruitment events
- Assist in the monitoring of the use of the Essex County Council brand book and recruitments branding tool kits throughout digital recruitment material
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment team in Marketing their roles
- Support the gathering of content for recruitment marketing from across the organisation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must meet eligibility criteria set out by the DWP:
- Aged between 16-24 years old
- Receiving Universal Credits
- You must also make your Work Coach aware of your interest in the opportunity.
- Have a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a good work ethic.
- Ability to deliver duties, as required; being well organised, reliable, and able to meet deadlines, whilst appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as an ability to build and establish relationships, a friendly approach.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, is helpful but not essential.
- A positive, proactive can-do attitude is a must.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com