Kickstart - Collections & Exhibitions Assistant
Fixed Term, Part Time
National Minimum Wage
Location: Clacton on Sea
Closing Date: Monday 31st January 2022
Essex County Council is one of the largest Local Authorities in the UK, with responsibility for delivering services and support to our 1.4m Essex residents. We are also responsible for running the council on a day to day basis including services like administration, finance, HR and customer service.
We are excited to be supporting the Kickstart scheme and are very pleased you have taken an interest in this opportunity to join us on the Kickstart programme. Please note that to be eligible for the Kickstart scheme you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 16-24 years
- Currently receiving Universal Credits
- Have informed your DWP Work Coach that you wish to apply for this vacancy
Kickstart positions are for 6 months and working 25 hours per week. Further details on the Kickstart scheme a can be found at https://kickstart.campaign.gov.uk/
What’s great about working for ECC is that we have nearly 7000 employees who work for us, from everything to our Country Parks, managing our highways and transport and all the support services needed to deliver the best service to our residents. We are really proud that at ECC you can truly have a career, from entry level opportunities Essex County Council is one of the largest Local Authorities in the UK, with right through to senior leadership positions.
Jaywick Martello Tower is an arts, heritage and community venue that runs a programme of workshops, talks, exhibitions, and events.
The Collections and Exhibitions Assistant will work within the Jaywick Martello Tower Team.
- Assisting with the identifying, recording, and locating of collections contents.
- To support with the research, development and the creation of a new exhibition for Jaywick Martello Tower on the history of Jaywick Sands.
- Content creation for social media and newsletters.
- Assisting with creating greater accessibility at Jaywick Martello Tower.
- Assisting with visitors and visitor enquiries.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required including administrative and event support.
Required Skills and Experience
- Driving licence, preferable
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- An interest in history would be an advantage as well as graphic/digital design.
- Must meet eligibility criteria set out by the DWP:
- Aged between 16-24 years old
- Receiving Universal Credits
- You must also make your Work Coach aware of your interest in the opportunity.
- Have a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a good work ethic.
- Ability to deliver duties, as required; being well organised, reliable, and able to meet deadlines, whilst appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as an ability to build and establish relationships, a friendly approach.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, is helpful but not essential. A positive, proactive can-do attitude is a must.
To read more about us please visit:
Place & Public Health: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com