Kickstart - Business Support Administrator
Fixed Term, Part Time
National Minimum Wage
Closing Date: Monday 4th October 2021
Essex County Council is one of the largest Local Authorities in the UK, with responsibility for delivering services and support to our 1.4m Essex residents. We are also responsible for running the council on a day to day basis including services like administration, finance, HR and customer service.
We are excited to be supporting the Kickstart scheme and are very pleased you have taken an interest in this opportunity to join us on the Kickstart programme. Please note that to be eligible for the Kickstart scheme you must meet the following criteria:
1. Aged between 16-24 years
2. Currently receiving Universal Credits
3. Have informed your DWP Work Coach that you wish to apply for this vacancy
Further details on the Kickstart scheme a can be found at https://kickstart.campaign.gov.uk/
What’s great about working for ECC is that we have nearly 7000 employees who work for us, from everything to our Country Parks, managing our highways and transport and all the support services needed to deliver the best service to our residents.
Business Area: Corporate Services / Transformation Delivery Support
The Business Support Administrator works within the Business Support Team, to flexibly deliver outstanding administration and customer service to all Essex County Council functional areas.
- Inputting data from source documents into the relevant recording system, checking the accuracy, verifying and correcting data
- Responding to emails and telephone calls
- Maintaining your own diary and work pattern management
- Photocopying and scanning documents
- Producing and sending letters
- Covering Reception and dealing with incoming post
- Attending meetings with team colleagues and Managers, either in person or by video
- Work alongside other administrative assistants and apprentices who will train you and support you through the day to day work
- Action notes/minute taking
- Assisting with Travel warrants
- Follow ECC policies and procedures for task completion and our expected standards of behaviours.
Required Skills and Experience
- Accurate data entry
- Attention to detail
- Involves a high volume of repetitive tasks
- Good computer skills.
- Must meet eligibility criteria set out by the DWP:
- Aged between 16-24 years old
- Receiving Universal Credits
- You must also make your Work Coach aware of your interest in the opportunity.
- Have a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a good work ethic.
- Ability to deliver duties, as required; being well organised, reliable, and able to meet deadlines, whilst appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as an ability to build and establish relationships, a friendly approach.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, is helpful but not essential.
- A positive, proactive can-do attitude is a must.
In line with ECC’s Ways of Working, this role has been deemed as an ‘Anywhere Worker’ position. This means you are able to work remotely for the majority of the time, with occasional trips to the office based on business need. Any journeys to the office would be at your own expense. More specific details about this can be discussed at the interview stage should you be invited to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org