IT Asset Manager
Fixed Term (6 months), Full Time
Up to £34,270 per annum
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
Closing Date: 28th May 2023
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support ECC from a technology perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring TS Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The Asset manager is responsible for ordering stock as the need arises, maintaining and reconciling records of delivery against POs and ensuring that any outstanding or incorrect orders are followed up or escalated as required. Maintain an asset register on Assyst ensuring that all records are up to date using various technologies which are already on the estate. Reporting on Starters, Movers and Leavers to ensure that the business is following the correct process and leavers equipment is returned to avoid security and data breaches.
- Responsible for assessing, ordering and documenting adequate stock levels against Assyst to support the business needs. Inclusive of asset tagging and documenting against user records. Ensure that policies are adhered to, in order to maintain and reflect the status of all assets.
- Responsible for inventory and stock levels of IT assets and software licences required by the business and the department and provide reports on inventory.
- Responsible for regular hardware audits and the Asset Register is updated to track repairs, damaged, lost and stolen equipment. Management of the disposal of any equipment in accordance with the processes in place.
- Ownership of the asset management processes and ensuring that all teams follow the procedures laid out. Highlighting where teams are not following processes and escalating where appropriate. Create and provide corporate guidance for all asset systems and mapping related queries.
- Management of Starters, Movers and Leavers reporting and liaising with customers where leavers and movers’ requests have not been submitted in a timely manner; implementing charges where the equipment is not returned.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports from the asset register. Execute regular base line audits and implement procedures which both assist and simplify the control of asset management and the verification process. Work with internal and external audit to provide the information that they require in a timely manner.
- Manage continual service improvement to ensure that policies and procedures are up to date and as streamlined as possible.
- Responsible for vendor liaison and relationship management to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensuring services support the Asset Information Strategy, while driving the use of the Asset Platform (e.g. Asset Management System, Electronic Document Management System, Geographic Information Systems, etc) as the master source of all information.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject
- Hold ITIL 4 foundation level accreditation or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
- Able to demonstrate good experience working of Asset Management processes and working with similar user/asset volumes.
- Must demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Detailed working knowledge of legislation and its application to asset operations.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V4, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301,
- ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Good customer service skills
To read more about us please visit: Corporate Services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn . Further details can be found on our careers page.
Pay and Reward | Our Ways of Working | About Us | Organisation Behaviours