Housing Communications Officer - Tendring District Council
Permanent, Full Time
from £24,948 - £27,344 per annum
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council to recruit into their Housing Communications Officer role.
Exact work location: 88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN (Hybrid)
Salary: from £24,948 - £27,344 per annum
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Please note: Closing date for applicants 6/6/23
Why work with us?
- Working for Tendring District Council, you will play your part in supporting the local community – in this role by promoting the good work and services we offer to those who use them.
- Work for a high performing department with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Free Parking within 2 minutes of the office.
- Great funded training pathways. Encouraged to all staff for their continuing professional development.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance. Note: Core Hours are 10am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Remote Working where possible.
- Local Authority Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Programme.
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership.
- A number of Salary Sacrifice initiatives.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
There is an exciting opportunity for a Communications Officer to join our Housing Team.
Playing a key role in developing, maintaining and promoting a range of communications channels for our tenants, leaseholders, staff members, residents and key stakeholders and ensuring that these, whether delivered online or through newsletters or other communications, are effective and engaging.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver dynamic and innovative ideas to improve our customer communication and engagement to encourage our customers to shape, influence and challenge our services.
Having previously worked in a role where effective communications skills have been demonstrated, you will have good all-round writing ability and be able to identify and utilise the most appropriate and effective means of communicating to diverse audiences. You will also be able to manage multiple tasks at once as well as being customer-focused and be confident working with IT and web content management software packages.
If you think that you have the skills and personality needed to join us, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Good GCSE passes or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in customer service or commensurate experience
- Ability to use IT systems including the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel etc
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
When applying, within your supporting statement, please demonstrate your suitability against the competency criteria, which is detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you would like to see a full Job Description for this position, please click here or email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference REQ12715
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Christine.email@example.com or Emma Norton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01255 68 6490.
Please note that Tendring Council’s Privacy Notice can be seen on the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/privacy