Home Care Assistant - Right at Home
Permanent, Full Time and Part time
£10.00 to £10.50 Per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Right at Home to recruit Home Care Assistants for their home care service based in Redbridge and surrounding areas.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, evening and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
*Please note the pay rate will increase to £10.50 for weekend shifts and mileage will be subsidised at £0.35 per mile.
Due to the occupational requirements for this position, the care provider can only consider applications from female candidates.
Right at Home aim to make a positive difference to the lives of those they care for and are committed to improving the quality of life for clients. Recruit and training caregivers with a genuine passion for helping people in the local community is imperative. Preferred visits are a minimum of one hour, so time can be given to provide quality care that isn't rushed, with an ethos that is driven by positive outcomes rather than simply by need. Right at Home provide care to clients throughout Loughton, Redbridge, Waltham Forest Chingford, Woodford, and Epping.
- Assisting with personal care
- Assisting with medication
- Helping clients plan their meals and assist with preparing food
- Shopping and collecting prescriptions
- Assisting clients with social and physical activities
- Ensuring all needs are met as outlined in each service users individual care plan
- Full Induction & Paid Training, paid shadowing, ongoing career progression fully funded to Management NVQ at all Levels.
- Free Uniform + High-Quality PPE
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Guaranteed and Regular shifts + Car Permits Issued
- Company Car Scheme available
- 28 days Annual leave (inclusive of the bank holidays, Pro Rata)
- Fun & loving Family team + Social events
- Monthly Rewards + Recognition for all our caregivers every month
- Employee referral bonus program - up to £300
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Right at Home and if successful you will be employed by Right at Home.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Right at Home is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Right at Home applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk