Fixed Term Commercial Building Surveyor - Tendring District Council
Fixed Term, Full Time
£38,296 - £41,496 per annum
Location: Clacton on Sea
Closing Date: 23rd March 2023
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council as they look to recruit a Commercial Building Surveyor on a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 months.
Exact work location: Clacton On Sea (Hybrid)
The opportunity has arisen for a 12-month fixed term surveyor to join the Property Services team, working mainly with the Council’s own operational property to implement the Council’s climate change agenda.
If you are passionate about the environment, have an eye for detail and want to support Tendring District Council’s pledge to become carbon neutral by 2030 then this could be the job for you.
Carrying out Surveys, specifying works and installations for tender and managing contractors, you should have experience of project management and have an excellent approach to working with and advising elected Members, other departments and key stakeholders.
Tendring District Council’s property portfolio is diverse with a mix of historic, rural, coastal and urban property and you will play a part in strategising how changes and improvements can be implemented in order to reach the Council’s climate change promise of carbon neutral by 2030.
The management of the Council’s property portfolio specifically in relation to energy saving and carbon reducing measures with the development and day to day management of projects ensuring that all agreed targets are met including budgetary targets and that statutory regulations and Council policies and procedures are followed. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Leasehold Management
- Estates Management
- Energy efficiency or emission reduction projects
To provide advice and guidance on all aspects of carbon reduction and energy saving projects across the estate.
- To manage and improve the Council’s Estates Management including monitoring overall performance against targets, quality control and procurement.
- To manage a caseload of property transaction, advice and management activities.
- To manage a caseload of emission reduction and efficiency projects.
- To manage a caseload of construction and development projects.
- To investigate property and construction matters, prepare cost estimates and report on feasibility.
- Implement data collection and procedures for the effective management of the Council’s assets using the Corporate software packages (Uniform: Estates Management)
- To provide advice to Members and senior officers of the Council within the remit of the section and to provide productive working relationships.
- To prepare and present reports to Council, Cabinet, Committees, Management Team ensuring a high standard of written and oral presentation.
- Liaising with the Portfolio Holder(s) or Committee Chairs as appropriate and a wide range of external organisations relevant to the work of the section.
- To manage all physical resources as allocated.
- To provide leadership and management to staff across learning and development, appraisal, discipline and absence including addressing individual poor performance and fostering effective teamwork. Tendring District Council – Commercial Building Surveyor
- Leading by example and contributing to the Council’s objectives; providing a customer focussed electronically driven service that meets the needs and expectations of the user.
- Managing project groups and teams.
- Attending the internal working parties and meetings as required to represent the section or department or to support the Head of Property Services as required.
- Such other duties as may be required by the Council from time to time including deputising for the Head of Property Services if required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- An appropriate Level 6/7 qualification such as a Degree in Surveying (commensurate knowledge gained through experience and personal development will be considered).
- Holding or working towards chartered status or other higher level membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Having a consistent record of giving sound professional advice and building success through effective and productive working relationships.
- Effective budget management skills.
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills.
- Proficient in MS-Word, Excel and Outlook (a Level 2 IT qualification would be an ideal way to demonstrate this). Knowledge of Autocad
- Eligible to work in the UK.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com quoting reference req11952 or Jennie Wilkinson on 01255 686 935 [alternative contact]
Please note that Tendring Council’s Privacy Notice can be seen on the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/privacy