Purchase to Pay (P2P)
Up to £18,329 per annum
Working Style: Fixed-Base Worker
Closing Date: Monday 6th February
**Please note that this is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months**
Purchase to Pay (P2P) aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce. The Finance Administrator is a developmental role, delivering admin support to the P2P team, providing an opportunity to increase knowledge of all aspects of the service. Accurately inputting data relating to payments, in line with standard procedures and timelines, to streamline the customer experience. With the ability to work as a team member across a flexible and multi skilled workforce, delivering excellent customer service to a variety of Functions. Developing a working knowledge of financial processes and systems across P2P, to support delivery of the service.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
- Deliver a quality service to agreed service levels, contributing towards the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Perform data entry activities, as part of an operational team, following defined business processes to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
- Deliver general office administration processes and support to a Finance Team, by organising and distribution of post, answering basic queries by email and/or phone in a professional manner in accordance with team deadlines.
- Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
- Contribute to the production of reports for P2P and external customers, to support organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P to deliver admin support.
- Deliver and support implementation of changes to processes and improvements to the service.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Experience of working within an office environment is desirable.
- Experience of using IT systems particularly a finance software solution such as Oracle is desirable and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes is essential.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
To read more about us please visit: Corporate Services - Working for Essex
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Chloe.OMalley@essex.gov.uk