Temporary, Full Time
£9.72 per hour.
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 9th August 2022
Please note that this position will require the successful individual to attend the office daily. More specific details about this can be discussed at the interview stage should you be invited to interview.
Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce. The Finance Administrator is a developmental role, delivering admin support to the P2P and Income teams, providing an opportunity to increase knowledge of all aspects of the service. Accurately inputting data relating to payments or income, in line with standard procedures and timelines, to streamline the customer experience. With the ability to work as a team member across a flexible and multi skilled workforce, delivering excellent customer service to a variety of Functions. Developing a working knowledge of financial processes and systems across P2P and Income, to support delivery of the service.
- Deliver a quality service to agreed service levels, contributing towards the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Perform data entry activities, as part of an operational team, following defined business processes to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
- Deliver general office administration processes and support to a Finance Team, by organising and distribution of post, answering basic queries by email and/or phone in a professional manner in accordance with team deadlines.
- Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
- Contribute to the production of reports for P2P and Income and external customers, to support organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P and Income to deliver admin support.
- Deliver and support implementation of changes to processes and improvements to the service.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Experience of working within an office environment is desirable.
- Experience of using IT systems particularly a finance software solution such as Oracle is desirable and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes is essential.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/finance-technology/
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org