Family Worker (Link Role) - Family Solutions South Essex
Permanent, Full Time
£27,203 to £31,370 per annum
Working Style: Community-based worker
Closing Date: 30th January 2022
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantage families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Solutions works under the umbrella of children’s social care and was described as “exceptional” by OFSTED in their recent inspection which judged children’s social care as “outstanding”.
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen in the highly performing South Essex team. The team is based in Basildon and covers the surrounding areas. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car.
The work of a Link Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding. Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families.
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Managing your own caseload
- Managing safeguarding risks to children
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions.
- Ability to have difficult conversations, problem solve and think creatively is crucial.
- A high standard of written work in line with our timescales and processes.
The South Essex team is extremely supportive. The post holder will be supervised by an experienced manager or senior social worker. Family Workers will also utilise support from colleagues who have specialisms in different areas.
The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, working out of normal office hours when required to best meet the needs of the family.
What you will need:
· Educated to degree level preferred but minimum NVQ level 4 or equivalent by experience in relevant thematic specialism i.e. Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse, Education, Mental Health, and Parenting.
· Experience and knowledge of the current issues pertaining to child and adolescent Mental Health currently and how to access support.
· Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs.
· Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
· Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes.
· Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to use supervision appropriately.
In the context of your role you are required to be mobile throughout an operational area to ensure that you fulfil, effectively, the duties and requirements of your post as set in the job profile and person specification. Hence, a driver licence and vehicle are essential for this role.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool . If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.