Family Worker ( Link Role)
Fixed Term, Full Time
£26,801 to £30,906 per annum
Closing date: 31st January 2021
This is a Fixed Term opportunity for 12 months
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantage families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Solutions is part of children’s social care and was described as “exceptional” by OFSTED in their recent inspection which judged children’s social care as “outstanding”.
An exciting fixed term opportunity has arisen in the highly performing West team. The team is based in Harlow, but covers the district council areas of Brentwood, Epping Forest, Harlow, and Uttlesford. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car.
The work of a Link Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding. Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families.
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Managing your own caseload.
- Managing safeguarding risks to children.
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members, and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions.
The West Essex team are extremely supportive and the post holder will be supervised by an experienced manager or senior social worker. Family Workers will also utilise support from colleagues who have specialisms in different areas.
The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, working out of normal office hours when required to best meet the needs of the family.
We welcome applicants with a wide range of professional back-grounds and qualifications. For an informal conversation about this exciting opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level preferred but minimum NVQ level 4 or equivalent by experience in relevant thematic specialism i.e. Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse, Education, Mental Health, and Parenting.
- Evidence of continuing professional development with good knowledge in relevant professional area and commitment to the principles of evidence based practice.
- Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to use supervision appropriately.
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including, and occasionally transporting service users. Driving licence and car is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.