Family Worker Domestic Abuse Lead
Permanent, Full Time
£27,816 to £32,076 per annum
Working Style: Operational field-based worker
Here in Essex, we continue to raise the bar about practice and our investment in our workforce is second to none. It’s an exciting time to join us. Not only have we been named Outstanding by Ofsted, we are delighted and at the same time humbled to have been crowned Social Work Employer of the Year for the second time in the last three years!
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantaged families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Solutions is part of children’s social care and was described as “exceptional” by OFSTED in their recent inspection which judged children’s social care as “outstanding”.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the highly performing West team as a Family Worker with a Lead in Domestic Abuse. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car.
The work of a Link Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding.
Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families with a variety of needs
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead consultant within the team
- Form strong working relationships with providers of specialist Domestic Abuse services
- Managing your own caseload and problem solving, responding to crisis from time to time
- Managing safeguarding risks to children
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members, and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions
- The West Essex team is extremely supportive, and the post holder will be supervised by an experienced manager or senior Social Worker. Family Workers will also utilise support from colleagues who have specialisms in different areas.
- The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, at times working out of normal office hours when required to best meet the needs of the family.
We welcome applicants with a wide range of professional backgrounds and qualifications but Domestic Abuse experience with either victims or perpetrators is essential.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Educated to degree level preferred but minimum NVQ level 4 or equivalent by experience in relevant thematic specialism i.e. Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse, Mental Health
- Evidence of continuing professional development with good knowledge in relevant professional area and commitment to the principles of evidence-based practice.
- Significant practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs and an ability to engage and motivate family members living with disadvantage.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to use supervision appropriately.
- Ability to maintain written records, produce assessments and plans to a high standard.
To read more about us please visit: Children & Families
Please take a look at our ‘No Magic’ Children & Families video here
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. It is essential to hold a driving licence and have daily access to a car.
Why Essex? Our work covers a diverse corridor along West Essex and therefore affords us opportunities to work within 4 districts each with their own issues and identity. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website. Interviews will be held face to face and will involve an unseen presentation followed by formal panel of managers.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Zainub.email@example.com